Image of University of Pittsburgh name and seal spacer image Image links to University of Pittsburgh Home Page Image links to University of Pittsburgh Find People search utility Image links to University of Pittsburgh Contact Us page
university registrar title bar





Any name change requires documentation, such as a copy of a marriage license, birth certificate, court order, or divorce decree. Write or fax us requesting a name change, and attach a copy (do not send originals) of your pertinent documentation. Fees may be assessed in cases where historical records are affected.

To correct or add your Social Security number, you must include a copy (do not send original) of your Social Security card to verify the number.  Send or fax all change requests to:

Office of the University Registrar
University of Pittsburgh
G-3 Thackeray Hall
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Fax:  412-624-4303


You can also make name and Social Security number changes in person in G-3 Thackeray Hall.



Select a content text size:

Small font size Default font size Large font size


Site Index


Contact Us:

University of Pittsburgh

Enrollment Office

G-3 Thackeray Hall

Pittsburgh, PA 15260

Email: enrollment

Phone: 412-624-7649

Fax: 412-624-4303