Advisors and other authorized PS Administrators can record notes about their interactions with Advisees/Students directly into PeopleSoft. Because these notes will be stored in PeopleSoft, you can then reference the notes at any point from PeopleSoft.
Please Note: Advising Notes are currently not accessible for students due to a PeopleSoft bug that could result in FERPA violations. Oracle is working on this bug and is expecting to have a solution in place soon.
Navigation: Self Service > Advisor Center > My Advisees (then click the Advising Note icon to the right of the students’ name )
- Assign a note Category and Subcategory to help organize your notes
- Edits notes with a built in rich text editor
- Choose a note Status of Open or Closed to better prepare for upcoming advising sessions
- Upload attachments relevant to discussions/interactions with your Advisees
- Create and store Action Items for your Advisees
- Advisors to create notes with related comments, attachments, and action items
- Notes stay with the student, so notes are automatically shared among Advisors when Student Advisors change
- Update existing notes so as to keep a running note for an Advisee
- Use the attachment Audit to find out who made changes to an attachment and when the changes were made
- Utilize the My Advising Notes feature to apply filters, allowing for quick note searching
- Advising Notes Training Video
- Advising Notes Training Document