Personal Information

Finding your PeopleSoft Number

PeopleSoft numbers are individuals' main identifiers at the University of Pittsburgh comprised of seven digits.  PeopleSoft numbers are often printed in the lower right corner of Pitt student IDs and can also be found by accessing My Profile in PeopleSoft/HighPoint Campus Experience (CX).

Preferred Name

As part of the University's ongoing effort to accommodate the use of a student preferred name throughout University systems, the primary name is replaced by the preferred name on 28 pages in PeopleSoft. The preferred name will only display on these 28 pages if a student has taken the appropriate steps to add a preferred name. Otherwise, the primary name will display.  See the Add a Preferred Name Process document under Personal Information Resources.

To see the list of PeopleSoft pages where this change will take place, see the PeopleSoft Preferred Name Page List.

Updates to personal information such as name, SSN, address, or phone number can be made according to guidelines designed to protect the identity of our students and maintain the integrity of our student's academic records outlined below. Presentation or delivery of specific documents are required in order to make the most of these changes, so please refer to the guidelines below before attempting to make a personal information change. Fees may be assessed in cases where historical records are affected.

Gender Identity

Students have the ability to denote their gender identity in PeopleSoft/HighPoint Campus Experience (CX).  This information is optional to provide and can be edited at any time by accessing your CX Dashboard, selecting My Profile from the menu, navigating to the Biographical Info tab, and editing your gender identity.  This information is only displayed to PeopleSoft administrators who have access to students' personal information.  For additional information, consult the PeopleSoft/HighPoint CX Student User Guide on the Student Training page.

Name Changes

Any legal name change in the student information system requires documentation, such as a copy of a marriage license, birth certificate, court order, or divorce decree. We also accept Social Security cards, however in this case will will also need a second form of ID such as a driver's license or passport also showing the new name. E-mail, fax, or visit our office requesting the name change, and attach a copy (do not send originals) of your pertinent documentation. 

Social Security Number Changes

To correct or add your Social Security number to your record, scan/take a photo and e-mail, fax, or visit our office in person to request the change.

Address, Phone, and Emergency Contact Changes

If your mailing or home address changes, it is important that you update it immediately. Failure to change an address may result in not receiving University mailings. If you are a current student, you can update your address by logging onto PeopleSoft/HighPoint CX. Navigate to My Profile and make any necessary changes to your own contact information or emergency contact information.  For additional information, consult the PeopleSoft/HighPoint CX Student User Guide on the Student Training page.

Some students have multiple home addresses, so a new address type entitled "Home 2" has been created. Students choosing to use this feature should maintain the "Home 2" address just as they do the "Home" address. If you are no longer enrolled, you can still make changes to your information by e-mailing or faxing the changes to:

University of Pittsburgh
Office of the University Registrar
G-3 Thackeray Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260

Email: Enrollment Services
Fax: 412-624-4303

You can also make address changes in person in G-3 Thackeray Hall.