- Create a Schedule - 5 Steps to Enroll
What classes do I need to take?
First consult with your academic advisor to have any advising holds lifted and use the Academic Advising Report (AAR) to view your completed and unfulfilled requirements through Self-Service > Student Center* > My Academics > View My Advisement Report.
*NOTE: To access your Student Center, you will need to enable Multifactor Authentication. Visit Multifactor Authentication and follow the steps at the bottom of the page. Contact Information Technology (412-624-HELP) with questions.
When do I need to take these classes?
What classes are available for enrolling?
Use Schedule Planner in your Student Center to search for available courses and build your schedule.
- Register for Classes
- The enrollment appointment is the day and time when you can begin enrolling. View your appointment in your Student Center under Self Service > Student Center.
- Search for classes in your Student Center or in Pitt PS Mobile (optimized for mobile devices). As you select your classes, they are added to your shopping cart. In order to enroll, you must complete all steps of the process - adding a class to the shopping cart does not hold a seat for you.
- If at any time during your enrollment process you encounter a problem, contact the registration department or your advisor.
- You will be billed through PittPAY, the University's online billing system. Login to PittPAY to view and manage your student account. Contact the Student Payment Center with questions.
- Add or Drop Classes/Waitlist
- Follow these directions to Add a Class, Drop a Class, Edit a Class or Swap a Class.
- You can view the Add and Drop periods for your term on the Calendars page under Academic Calendars.
- Students receiving financial aid should ensure they are enrolled in the minimum number of units required to qualify for aid.
- If you choose to waitlist a class, be aware that schedule conflicts, credit overloads, or enrollment in another section may prevent you from being auto-enrolled. For more information, consult the Enrollment page.
- Waitlist FAQ
- Earn Credit at Other Universities
- You can cross-register for University credit at the following institutions: Carlow University, Carnegie Mellon University, Chatham University, Community College of Allegheny County, Duquesne University, LaRoche College, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, Point Park University, and Robert Morris University.
- There is no additional tuition charge, but you may be liable for course fees from the other institution.
- For PCHE cross-registration forms and further information, see the Enrollment page.
- Plan for Final Exams
- Final exams are given during the last week of the term, starting on Monday at 8:00 a.m. and ending Saturday at 9:50 a.m.
- The final exam schedule is available on the Final Exams section of the Course/Class page approximately 6 weeks after the term begins.
- You can access your own final exam schedule in your Student Center 8 weeks after the term begins (Student Center > Self Service > Enrollment > View My Exam Schedule).
- Remember Important Dates
Visit the Academic Calendar page for:
- Residence hall open/close dates
- Enrollment Appointments and registration deadlines
- First and last day of classes
- Grades and monitored withdrawals
- Holiday breaks and special University days
- Enrollment Verification/Transcripts
- Transcripts show your academic coursework (including any transfer credits), grades, grade point average, and degree(s) awarded.
- Enrollment Verification is an official University document showing your enrollment for the current semester. You may be asked to provide one for financial aid or scholarship eligibility, for example.
- For more information or to place an order, visit the Transcripts/Verifications page.
- Stay Informed