We advance the institutional mission and facilitate student success through the delivery of a broad variety of academic services to the Pitt community.
Enable the Pitt academic community to achieve its goals by engaging with and adapting to evolving service needs.
Guiding Principles for Achieving OUR Mission and Vision
- Promote equity, consistency, integrity, and compliance through the development and application of policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Collaborate as partners in education to facilitate learning and academic progress.
- Deploy technology to provide enhanced effectiveness and efficiency in academic services, tools, and processes.
- Serve as trusted stewards in upholding the accuracy, integrity, security, and privacy of the University’s academic records.
- Demonstrate empathy, care, grace, respect, and kindness toward everyone.
Service Areas and Responsibilities
- Curriculum management processes
- Publication of University catalogs
- Maintenance of the University’s course inventory via the course catalog
- Class scheduling
- Scheduling and reserving classrooms and other academic spaces
- Stewardship for academic space along with the Learning Space Management Committee
- Final exam scheduling
- Stewardship and maintenance of students’ academic records
- Grading processes
- Degree conferral and diploma issuance
- Production of official transcripts
- Production of enrollment certifications and degree verifications
- Reporting enrollment and degree conferral data to the National Student Clearinghouse
- Coordination of all registration and add/drop activity
- Processing of monitored withdrawals and student resignations
- Coordination for Pittsburgh Council for Higher Education cross-campus registration
- Enrollment and grading processes for University courses delivered via Outlier
- Coordination of transfer credit evaluation, equivalency maintenance, and awarding of credit.
- Certification of student-athlete initial and continuing academic eligibility
- Academic policies, regulations, and procedures
- Resource to administrative offices, schools, the Provost’s Office, and a variety of administrative and academic committees.
- Project management and business process improvement
- Data reporting and analysis
- End-user system support
- FERPA compliance
- Administration of Curriculog and Acalog for curriculum management and catalogs
- Administration of 25Live for space scheduling
- Administration of PeopleSoft academic advisement report degree audit tools
- Support for systems integration with Pathways software (EAB Navigate)
- Administration of Parchment for transcripts and certifications
- University academic calendar development